Friday, February 12, 2010

Blown

...yeah, I wish. ZIIING!

Anyway.

My wife was complaining about one of the speakers in the rear of her car. Now, her car is only 5 years old and has the factory-installed Infinity system, so it pisses me off that a speaker would be blown. It turned out to be the subwoofer, if you can call an 8-inch speaker a subwoofer.

After tearing apart the entire cargo area, I was finally able to remove the offending speaker. It turns out the surround was completely separated.
I did some internet searching and it turns out it's troublesome to find an 8" sub with the dimensions to fit in a factory spot. Most are too deep. That's what she said!

Yeah. I'm a little off tonight.

We have attempted to fix the surround with silicone.
Does that look like an Infinity sub to you? WTF?

I have to let the silicone dry for 24 hours, so I'll know tomorrow if it worked.

That is all. Carry on.

Oh wait. That's not all. I just got 2 new tires on the front of my Explorer, and I absolutely despise them. They are horrible. So I need to go get new tires installed tomorrow.

That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are a hilarious bro- M