Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So True...

While the Winter Olympics aren't half as awesome as the Summer Olympics, I've been watching every night...mostly because all the shows I actually enjoy watching are reruns for these two weeks.

The boarder cross was pretty cool, as was the snowboard half pipe and some of the alpine skiing. I even enjoy the speed skating, but mostly just because it reminds me of track cycling.

But, c'mon...XC skiing is barely fun when I'm doing it. I sure as hell don't need to watch others ski.

Figure skating? Stop it. Just fucking stop it.

Biathlon? Still don't get it. How are the two sports related?

Doubles Luge? Super gay.

Curling...nah, too easy. Though there is some big-time drama as the captain of the US squad was benched due to suckage.

I do enjoy the fact that Canada spent over $100 Million on their "Own The Podium" program and they are getting this shit kicked out of them. Good stuff.

I've got a major case of the Winter Blah's, and I can't seem to kick it. Fuck it all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curling has a lot of strategy even though it isn't very physically demanding. But I could see how a track rider could be bored with something that would make him think.

Franz said...

Come on now Anonymous, it is common knowledge that all track racers are master tacticians. Tactician is synonomous with someone who has a good strategy. I am sorry the word synonymous means to be the same as.

I consider myself one of the best tacticians. By the way this is my attempt at being sarcastic. Anonymous sarcastic mean to be full of S#@t.

Oh yeah curling is boring.

Unknown said...

Chess also requires a lot of strategy. That doesn't make it a sport.

Framing a coherent, convincing, point in a debate requires strategy. Or at least a basic grasp of logic. If this blog was an olympic event, Anonymous would get the wooden medal.

Anonymous said...

Oh No! Attack of the guys who can only make left turns!