Tuesday, February 09, 2010

More Vacay

As I mentioned, our resort had 6 restaurants, each with its own bar. Which is fantastic. Here I am drinking wine before dinner.

And here I am drinking wine with dinner.
That night, the resort held a couples-only beach bonfire. It was awesome listing to the waves crash on the shore while grooving to love songs from the early 80's.
We were happy like the hippo.
Until I noticed a real live hippo. Look behind me.
Who knew they made thongs that big! Major props to my awesome wife for getting a photo of it. We then proceeded to laugh so hard that we cried and had to leave.

The flash from the camera woke up the flamingos and they got pissed off at us.
Drinking rum punch. I loves me some fruity drinks. I also put the dielectric blue lenses in my Smith Interlock Spoiler sunglasses.
The view from my chair.
I hurt my balls horribly while attempting to dismount this tree. I was writhing on the ground for no less than 5 minutes while some Dominican tried to sell me his fucking jewelry.
Pool.
Dinner at the sushi bar, prominently featuring my sunburn.
Not Japanese.
Coffee on the terrace.
The view from the lobby. Notice the mountains in the background.
Playing in the waves. Like I said, I'm like a damn child.
Washed up on the beach.
This "Boogy Adventure" was the coolest thing ever. We got to drive down...um...I guess they're considered roads, but they were more like backcountry trails.
Most people who live down these "roads" were forced to travel on horseback, so the "roads" were covered in horse shit, which got on my front tire, which flung shit all over me. And it was sticky, gooey shit. Like that booger that you try to flick off, and it just sticks to your finger. That's how the shit was, and it was everywhere. In my hair, on my face, and in my ears.

Fortunately, our first stop was a beach. Do I still look fat?
This little boy blew us a kiss. I think he wanted candy.
Even on paved roads, some people still use horses for transportation.
We then stopped at a family's home where we learned how to roast our own coffee beans.
Then we went swimming in a cave, which would have been more enjoyable had I not been solely focused on cleaning the horse shit off myself.
That's it for today. More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd hit that hippo.

Anonymous said...

Ditto-M

HeHe Love the pics!