Friday, August 03, 2007

Son of a...

So I went down to the track tonight because the weather was awesome and my mother-in-law offered to babysit. I was excited to ride the Cat 3 State Keirin Championships, hoping for some redemption after getting smoked in the Cat 1/2 Keirin. Honestly, the keirin was the only reason I came down for racing, otherwise I would have saved myself for match sprints tonight.

When I got to the track, I found out that the keirin was cancelled because we had no moto driver. Dammit!

Anyway...

The first race of the night was an unknown distance race. The DGC was closing all the gaps for me and I was sitting on his wheel. What a stud. We're considering changing his name to "Gert". Unfortunately, I couldn't close the deal. When the gun blew I moved down into the sprinters lane behind Gert and Saul. Then another rider comes flying down and almost crashes me out. I had to scream at him and he still almost took me out. I ended up riding down off the apron, then had to slow down and come around him. By that time it was too late. I should have backed off and not wasted too much energy, but I was pissed, so I pinned it on the last lap and ended up in 3rd. I also hit a new mass-start race top speed. It hurt.

Seriously, why don't people fucking shoulder-check? This is the second time this individual has done the exact same thing to me, and besides scaring the shit out of me, it really pisses me off.

Next up we had a chariot race. I won the prelims and finals by several bike lengths.

I skipped the final 50-lap scratch race because I wanted to save myself for match sprints tonight, and ended up getting 3rd in the omnium.

Max came out to watch me race tonight and had a blast. He wants to ride on the track just like daddy. Awwwwww. He was quite intrigued by the crash in the women's race, but was relieved to see that the girl he'd voted for (#75) was OK and went on to win the race.

Alas, it looks like I may never get to race the Cat 3 State Keirin. It's been rescheduled for August 23rd, and I'll likely be a Cat 2 by then.

Side Note: The DGC has now received his LSC skinsuit for the team sprint. We are SO going to dominate.

Side Question: TIMMER!!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU???

2 comments:

Ben said...

Good Luck...give 'em hell!

Ben

Anonymous said...

Dont be to sure of your domination green Peas. Little Blackie Six Toes and The Taint have recruited The Legendary Gold One to show you boys how to do a Team Sprint.

Dont let the three year hiatus fool you, the Gold One is always fast.