Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Woot!

State Match Sprints were tonight. I was wondering how my form would be after my 5-day vacation. Evidently, it is good. Ted started out the night with an 11.64, which really pumped me up to ride fast. I hit a new top speed on the track, and came across the line in 11.45!

I can't find a ton of historical information, but I know that's the fastest recorded time at the track in at least two years. I'm not taking this for granted at all. I'm going to keep working my ass off and do Minnesota proud at Nationals.

Top Five times were (I'm going by memory here):
Hans: 11.45
Franz: 11.64
Ferris: 11.78
Tainter: 11.81
Currell: 11.86

I got a bye through the first round, then we got rained out, so I never actually got to do any match sprints. I'm scheduled to face Skibby on Friday.

Since the sprints are rescheduled for Friday, I won't be at the track tomorrow night for the State Keirin. Good luck y'all.

Side note: Ted entered the Cat 3's instead of the 1/2/3's. To quote him: "I'm going to go get a Brazilian wax because I'm such a pussy". And how!

No comments: