Saturday, October 06, 2007

Day 4 Wrap-up

We took 6th in the Team Sprint, just .2 seconds off a podium spot. We're a bit disappointed with our time, but we rode our best. It was a lot of fun and I think we rode really smoothly.

The MIB and The DGC both did well in the keirin heats, with both of them almost coming over the top in the reps to make it to the semi finals. Unfortunately, it was not to be.

Crosby's Madison partner got crashed out in the first lap of the race and was never able to rejoin. Booo!

I'm tired and I'm sick of blogging. Later.

1 comment:

Franz said...

Getting 6th in the team sprint is going to leave a mark. Missed medaling by .2 seconds at nationals. The starting gate system is intimidating. Taylor was 1/2 a bike length ahead of me out of the gate. I hammered as hard as I could to pull ahead without Taylor having to back off. I had a finish speed of 62.3 which is .8 kph faster than at state when we did a 49.4. If we duplicated the 49.4 we would have been the 3rd fastest time at nationals. Faster than Steve Hill's team. We do not have any split times to compare to our state effort but I have a feeling the starting gate kills a persons time.

The individual standing start and flying 200 were a disaster for me 8/10's and 6/10's off my personal bests. The experience was great. It really helped me in the team sprint to just focus on the ride.

Now it it time to relax for a month and then start preparing for Masters Natz 2008. Look out Steve I coming to Nats:)