Friday, October 19, 2007

More Corporate BS

In my employer's never-ending quest to bring communism to my everyday life, we learned today that many of the higher-paid employees will be subsidizing the health care costs of the lower-paid employees. Fuck. That. Why should I have to pay more (and therefor earn less) because some guy on the loading dock decided not to go to college and learn a marketable skill?

I must not be cut out for life in the corporate world, because shit like this pisses me off too much. Should we also do income checks so we can adjust the prices of cars, groceries, and gas? Maybe we can all start bringing our W2's to restaurants so they know how much to charge us.

Honestly, it's not the money that bothers me. It's the principal of the thing. I've tried looking at it from every imaginable angle, and I cannot fathom an explanation that makes me think this is a good idea.

5 comments:

Gilby said...

Would you like to join me for a local communist party meeting sometime? Hehehe....

Anonymous said...

They could just tell everyone that no matter what job you do,
no matter how long it took you to get educated to do it,
and it doesn't matter how in debt you became to get said education.

We will all make the same amount of money. How's that sit with you?

Little D

T3 said...

i don't think this is that uncommon for an employer to do this. it's just uncommon for them to come out and tell you they are doing it in a way that's visible to your bottom line. most would simply do it with "hidden" portion of your salary which employeers account for but the employees don't even know exists.

but yeah -- your right. next they'll start making you use the metric system.

Franz said...

Wealth, speed, health are all overrated. Don't worry be happy:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr T: In the big picture it is simply ant-shit. In the long run it might help the bottom line at your company and help you accordingly. Chill and lift harder.

fellow velo