Monday, October 22, 2007

To CX or not to CX...

Crap.

I think I may have run out of excuses.

I got an e-mail yesterday asking if I was going to do the 'cross race at the velodrome. Nope, I sold my 'cross bike. Ha! What's that you say? You have an extra 'cross bike? Oh. Um...I'll have to clear it with my wife. Shit, she said I can go.

Now what am I gonna do? I haven't been on a bike since Nationals, and I'm in no shape to race, but I might do it anyway. Super-Rookie needs someone to beat, right?

9 comments:

Franz said...

Training to go slow. You can use my bike if you like. Just don't Taco the wheels.

Tenacious T said...

Weren't you just out mountain biking the other day?

Oops, forgot: "Do as Franz says, not as Franz does".

SickBoy said...

I bet you could talk Ray out of making you do the 40k TT if you do a cross race....

Tenacious T said...

Ray, you in? I'll even do the B race.

OTR said...

Definitely do the B race. It's less immasculinating when you suck in the Bs than in the C race - I would know!

Lunatic Biker said...

Ok, for a couple of reasons:
1) In spite of the continuous foul language I'm quite the humanitarian.
2) The heckling possibilities that exist for a 45 minute cross race are far superior to that of a tt.

As for you Franz, find your road bike...you'll need it next summer.

Tenacious T said...

Are you gonna give me handups?

Aw hell, who am I kidding? I'll have plenty of time to stop and grab my own water bottle.

Skibby said...

handups? Trackies don't need handups, we're used to doing 45 minutes without water... oh yeah that's right, you don't race longer than 45 seconds!

Anonymous said...

you actually own a bike with brakes and shift levers???