Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Brush With Moderate Greatness


There's a cool story in the St. Cloud Times about my wife's second cousin. 16 years old and he just signed a pro hockey contract. Not bad at all. Nevermind that I've only met the kid 3 times...

This reminded me of another brush with greatness that I had.

My first car was a 1986 Chevy Cavalier. It was crappy, and was soon replaced by a Blazer. This car also served as my little sister's first car, and when she was done with it my mom sold it to some kids who wanted to put it in the demolition derby at the county fair.

With a giant bear taped to the roof, "The Cav" was almost immediately hit hard from the side and flipped over onto its roof, at which point it started on fire. Things looked bleak.

The fire was extinguished, the car flipped back on to it's wheels, and the tenacious little bastard went on to win the demo derby!

Now that's hardcore. I'm certain I had something to do with it.

No comments: