Monday, July 13, 2009

Relaxing Is Hard Work!

I'm working from home today because I'm so exhausted from my nice, relaxing weekend!

We loaded up the family truckster and headed out to Franz's cabin on Friday afternoon. Just as I was about to leave, he e-mailed me and told me to bring my bike. I briefly debated pretending I didn't get the e-mail, I think because I was nervous to see just how bad I suck now. However, I relented and loaded my road bike on the rack.

Franz and I went for a 40-minute ride. We got to some hills, and I wanted to test my legs a little bit, so I started half-wheeling him. He dropped me. On his track bike. In a 94" gear. Fuck my life.

Overall, though, it felt good to get back on the horse...er...bike.

We then hopped into the boat for some wakeboarding. My first run I just spent some time getting acquainted to the bigger wake on his boat. It's probably 3x the size of the wake on my boat, so it took some getting used to. Then I took a short break before getting back on the water to attempt a flip. What a fucking disaster! Fortunately for you, there's video evidence floating around somewhere. I'll find it and post it soon.

Franz attempted a flip as well, but somehow pulled a muscle in his ass on the first attempt.

By this time I was pretty beat up from crashing hard (just because it's water doesn't mean it feels good), so it was time for margaritas. I loves me some tequila.

After a sufficient amount of liquor, I tried some more wakeboard flips and - gasp - almost landed a couple. There's something to be said for 'boarding under the influence. No inhibitions = bigger air.

Saturday we got up and went for another 40-minute ride. I felt a lot better on the bike, so that was mildly encouraging.

We then went wakeboarding again, and again I almost landed a couple flips in between epic crashes. I'm not quite there, but I'll get it. Oh yes, I will get it. Franz 'boarded for about 3 minutes before injuring his biceps. Poor old dude is falling apart!

After pulling the kids around on the tube, Franz and I scurried out the door to hit up Donimator's pad for UFC 100. It was a great time!

Sunday was supposed to be rainy so we stayed home. Of course, it wasn't rainy, so I got to spend a beautiful (hot) day cleaning my garage and mowing the lawn. Boo.

I crashed out early last night and slept in this morning. Gotta rest up for more relaxing next weekend!

No comments: