Friday, July 17, 2009

Trees!

When I was about 5 years old, I was playing in the kitchen while my mom was in the basement doing laundry.

I was generally a pretty well-behaved and smart kid, so she didn't think much of it when she heard pounding on the floor (which, for her, would have been the ceiling). She figured I was just jumping around.

When she came upstairs, she was horrified to find that I had hammered about 20 nails into the kitchen floor. "Look Mom, trees!" I exclaimed. "I made a forest!".

I pray that my kids are smarter than I was.

1 comment:

Trish said...

One day when I was little my mom left my brother in the car while she went grocery shopping. It was a rainy day and we got bored. We poked a bunch of holes into her interior roof of her brand new Dodge Omni with the point of an umbrella. She was less than pleased.

Shortly after we went to ND to visit my grandparents. We took a pen and stabbed a bunch of holes in grandma’s beloved lounge chair. I don’t think we got to go to the zoo during that visit.

It’s inevitable. All kids are bound to do something stupid that will destroy something not cheap. Just hope it’s something not too expensive or stupid!