Monday, November 26, 2007

Memories

I'm always interested to find out from people the very first thing they remember in their lives. Many people have few, if any, childhood memories. Some remember vivid details from their infancy.

My very first memory is of sitting with my mom in a recliner, reading a story. When the book was done, I realized that I wasn't wearing any pants. I thought this was the funniest shit ever. I was probably about 4. I have no idea what makes that particular moment stick in my mind.

My father-in-law remembers laying in his crib as an infant, waiting for his parents to come get him.

What's your first memory?

3 comments:

Gilby said...

The chronology is lost, but my early memories are pretty vivid. I recall taking a bath in the kitchen sink, and our neighbor lady walking in with McDonalds cookies for me. I also have memories of laying in my crib, staring up at my zoo animal mobile and rocking back and forth.

A much less pleasant memory was climbing out of the crib, getting into the bathroom soap, crying and crawling into my parents bedroom.

T3 said...

my great grand mother's chihuahua keeping me from getting the fig newtons from the cookie jar. i remember the dog as being quite large. i'm told my great g-ma carried him in her pocket. i guess i was pretty small.

Anonymous said...

My earliest memory was of my brother beating the shit out of me.... Wait, thats every memory