Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pets

Growning up on a farm, we always had lot of animals around. Unfortunately, many of them lived a short life.

  • Bear (Aerdale Terrier): Resented my birth. Ripped the pants of any other kids trying to play with me. Died of old age.
  • Goldie (Numerous goldfish with the same name): Died, as fish often do. My mom kept them in the freezer, which seems weird now.
  • Feathers (parakeet): Birds make cool pets. Pooped in my grandma's hair one time. Died because I was an irresponsible pet owner.
  • Katie (Lab/German Shepherd cross): Very sweet and understanding. Died of heat stroke.
  • Cassie (Basset Hound): Once had a litter of 15 puppies when she got knocked up by a German Shepherd. Those were ugly puppies. Died of internal bleeding after getting spayed.
  • Wheezy (cat): Sickly feline that lived in the garage. Wheezed and sneezed constantly (hence the name). Died under the wheel of our mini-van.
  • Duke (lab): We somehow inherited this dog from some city residents who said he was too wild. He loved to chase cars. He died doing what he loved.
  • Bud (lab): Best dog ever. Died of old age.
  • Smokey (cat): Found her and thought she was pregnant. Nope, just fat. Died of old age.
  • Lazer (springer): Fun hunting dog, great pet. Disappeared.
  • Cassie (Husky/Lab cross): Nice dog, stand-offish personality. Disappeared. Suspected to have been shot by our neighbor.
  • Random wild cats: I came home from church camp one summer to find that all our wild cats (about 30 of them) had died of distemper. I was given a pitchfork, and tasked with loading them up in a wheelbarrow and burning them. That's not very much fun for for a 12-year-old.
  • Tiny (cat): One of the few survivors of distemper. Disappeared.
  • Scout (Chesapeak): Horrible, horrible dog belonging to my step-brother. Had to be kennelled constantly. Too rough with kids. Gave away.
  • Sunny (Cockatiel): Loving, but tempramental. Living a life of luxury with my mom.
  • Caiden(lab/? cross): Very sweet dog, but kind of on the dopey side. Hit by car.
  • Kiwe PeeWee (Quaker Parrot): Had some sort of neurosis. Returned to pet store.
  • Skittles (Sun Conure): Cuddliest bird I've ever seen. Found out this was due to the Giardia. Pet store requested him to be returned.
  • Chicken (parakeet): Retarded. Literally. It's a wonder this bird could find its food. Died of a heart attack at the vet's office while getting his beak trimmed. He just wasn't made for this world.
  • Bandit (Jack Russell Terrier): Phenominal dog. Good with kids, excellent watch dog, even good at pheasant hunting! He's probably sleeping in my bed as we speak.

2 comments:

T3 said...

dude -- pace yourself. a blog is like a marathon, not a flying 200.

Tenacious T said...

That's just my way. Shotgun-style.

I've got nothing to do at work today. Everyone else is gone, and if I don't blog I'll be forced to start writing documentation.