Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm (Sort Of) Back Bitch!

I rode my bike on the track last night, and it was glorious. Just fuckin' glorious.
We had a wee team function prior to the RADIUS event, and Ted convinced me to bring my bike down. He almost had me convinced to do a couple of the races, but we had to leave before the event started so we could deliver food to our ladies. After all, they own us.

I couldn't get out of the saddle to put any power down at all, but I did a couple seated jumps in an 84" gear. I was able to hit 61kph, so I was pretty damn pleased with myself. That bodes well for next year. My fitness sucks, but my pedal stroke wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared and I felt like I was putting out some decent seated power.

I figured since this would be my only chance to get on the track this year, I should wear my Casco helmet. Skibby liked it.
I led Ted out for a couple max speed efforts, and he PR'd with a 66.5. Not bad for a fat guy (said the pot to the kettle).

We probably (ok, definitely) looked silly wearing aero helmets during warm-up, but no sillier than I looked in my new skinsuit with my moose knuckle. Why can't skinsuits fit me right?

Then we picked up the most bad-ass sushi spread ever and headed home.
I'm not gonna lie, I was really nervous to get back on the track. My bike felt really strange under me for the first few laps, but then - just like, er, riding a bike - it all came back to me. I didn't even re-injure myself! The hip testicle is a little irritated today, but nothing too serious.

By the end of the night I was actually starting to get excited about racing again (but don't tell my wife).

1 comment:

Meow said...

Suh-weet!!!!