Thursday, September 17, 2009

No Explanation

Proving that even a blind squirrell finds a nut once in a while, I shot a 37 at sporting clays last night, setting the record for our informal league.

My first time shooting for the year was 5 (or maybe it was 6) weeks agao, when I shot a 17. No, that's not a typo. 17. The next week was a bit better, with a 25. Then a 27, then a 28. All the while, Franz & Co. were shooting in the 30's.

I've always considered myself to be a relatively poor shot. I tend to blame my cross-eye dominance, which, let's be honest, is a pain in the ass, but not a true handicap. In reality, I've just never bothered to put in the time required to get comfortable enough with my gun to shoot consistently.

Hopefully now I can spend the fall hunting season cleaning birds instead of making excuses.

1 comment:

T3 said...

buy my shotgun