Saturday, January 19, 2008

Morning Training

I'm not a morning person. For some reason I thought I should get up at 7:00 AM and do intervals today. It was stoopid. Last night's gin (in moderation, of course) probably didn't help.

My speeds were significantly slower than usual, and I felt like shit. I'm not sure if this is something my body will get used to, but I don't think I'm going to try to find out.

Some people are able to get up at 5:30 AM and have a great workout. Not me. I can barely drag my sorry ass out of bed in time to get Max to school.

My best workouts are always around lunchtime, when my body has had time to wake up, and I'm not yet tired from work and family duties. I may have to start coming home on my lunch break to train.

4 comments:

SickBoy said...

I'm with ya - about once a year I convince myself that I can do an interval or two on my morning commute to work.... never happens. 6 AM does not agree with my legs...

OTR said...

I touched your news wheels today. Sorry but you'll have to settle for sloppy seconds - me likey!

Anonymous said...

picking mine up on Friday. Can't wait.

OTR said...

Oops, maybe I violated Ted's wheels. He said they were Taylor's.