Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Whirlwind Monday

After being held captive by a sick toddler for the last three days, I took yesterday afternoon off and headed out for a whirlwind tour or the Twin Cities.

I started out at One On One in a feeble attempt to find parts for my new ergo (more on that later).

After digging through all this shit, I came up mostly empty handed. Although I was able to pick up one of Franz's new wheels.

I also got a dark chocolate mocha, which was delicious.

After I left the shop, I got lost. 30 minutes later, I emerged at the Amtrak station to pick up a little sumpin'.

Yeah, so apparently you can ship things through Amtrak, which is incredibly useless if you live in St. Cloud, because the closest shipping/receiving point is St. Paul.

My next stop was in Fridley, to drop off some Zipp 303's to this happy fella.

Then it was back home to paint and assemble my ergo.

I used spray paint, because I'm classy like that. It's the same sparkly black as my Tiemeyer. Well, sorta.

It was at this point that I discovered those assholes at Amtrak had lost an integral part of my ergo. So I get to wait. Again. I hate waiting.

I'm heading over to Granite City Cycles today to hopefully finish the rest of the build.

1 comment:

Skibby said...

continued language like that will keep your language rating on ward's links list...