Friday, February 22, 2008

Cheap Bastard.

We bought two vehicles from an unnamed dealership, and both of them only came with one single key. No keyless entry, no spare, nothing. One freakin' key. When I tried to get more out of them, I was basically told "Too bad, you already signed the paperwork." Dicks. Anyway...

Since I'm cheap, I bought these guys online and was going to code them myself.

Then I read the directions. It turns out I'm supposed to use a wire to jump two slots in the Data Connectivity Port, then turn the key back and forth 8 times, do a rain dance, and sacrifice a virgin. Only then would they would be coded.

Instead of frying my electrical system attempting this maneuver, I'm taking it to the dealership, where they'll no doubt charge me an inordinate amount of money for one of their moderately-trained technicians to shove a wire into my port (yeah, I said it).

No comments: