Monday, February 04, 2008

Winter Camping

This was my 5th Winter Camping trip, and I have to say it was also the most successful. I don't feel like writing about it, so here's some pictures and comments.

Unloading

w00t!
50 lb pack. 150 lb sled. Uphill. Ouch.
On the trail
We could stay here...if we were pussies.
At Camp
'Sup.
It's a bridge. Clearly.
Building a Quinzee Hut, step 1: Pile up Snow
Step 2: Wait 90 minutesStep 3: Dig it out
Step 4: It collapses. Repeat steps 1-3It's finally done. Glaze the inside by burning a candle for 30 minutes.
It's now strong enough to stand on.This one was too small, so it's occupants (not me) were miserable. We named it "The Devil's Asshole", because that's what it felt like (so I'm told).

The view from the inside. It was a bit creepy at night. Pitch black and no room to move around. No clausterphobics allowed!
Nice and cozy.Kyle.
Fire
The crew.
Why the hell are you so happy?
The river was only kinda-sorta frozen. An otter lived here. Seriously.
Hiking. We put about 5 hours on our snowshoes.
There's a grouse all plumed out, struttin' his stuff on the other side of the river.

It was great to get back out in the woods, but I'm glad I don't have to live that way. It's a lot of work.

5 comments:

T3 said...

that grouse was trying "to make sexy time" with you

SickBoy said...

Is Bodacious P happy because he doesn't have to contribute to your blog anymore?

Lunatic Biker said...

Looks like you had fun...any explicit language used?

Tenacious T said...

Fuck yeah. Shit, you think I only fuckin' talk this this on my GD blog?

Jeffro said...

Alright 4 guy going out a making snow caves in the woods?