Friday, February 15, 2008

Training Software

I'm signed up to do some Alpha testing for this new training software. I'm pretty excited, as this is something I've actually considered creating myself.

Here's the basic premise:
Using some sensors, I connect my ergo (or a bike on a stationary trainer) to a computer (PC or Mac) running this software. I am able to customize warmup, intervals, rest periods, and sprints for an entire workout and also specify songs to play for any given part of the workout. A DVD can also be played. The computer will display speed, cadance, distance, time, lap, and power (estimated by user-specified formulas).

The entire workout is saved to a file that can be reviewed and saved for later reference.

The downside is that there is no heart rate functionality, due to cost. I don't train with heart rate, anyway, so that's fine with me.

I hope to have my hands on this within a couple weeks, and I'll post feedback then.

No comments: