Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Awsum!

I skipped out of work a bit early yesterday, convinced Max that he wanted to skip his baseball game, and we all headed out to the lake. We pretty much had the entire lake to ourselves.

Both kids went tubing, and I was actually able to wakeboard, though it was a pretty uneventful run. I didn't realize how out of shape I'd gotten until I had to drop after only one length of the lake. My hip held up well, but is a bit sore today. Baby steps.

I was originally planning to attempt my first outdoor bike ride today, but I don't do well with heat. Though I'd probably be fine for the 15 minutes I'm actually able to pedal.

In other news, I've been sleeping like shit lately. I used to be able to sleep for-freakin'-ever without waking up at all, and now I wake up 4-5 times each night, for no apparent reason. Well, I guess there is one reason. At around 3:30AM, I can expect Addison to wake up screaming. About a month ago, she was awakened by a moth landing on her face. Now she's deathly afraid that it will happen again. During the day? She's the sweetest kid in the world. In the middle of the night? Wanna sell her to the gypsies. But I digress...

Anyway, this lack of sleep has made me very tired and unmotivated during the daytime hours. I gotta figure this shit out. Maybe I need a new bed or something.

No comments: