Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First Little League Game

Max had his first "real" little league game last night. When they first started playing, pretty much every kid got on base due to errors. I was wondering how they were ever going to get three outs. Luckily, they just batted once through the line-up and changed sides.

Here's Max out in left field. I captured him at one of the few moments he appeared to be paying attention to the game, and not dancing around or playing with blades of grass.
"I got mad at the ball, dad"
Here he is on first base. His shirt is just a bit too big.
Before tonight's game I need to go buy him a batting helmet. I figure not having to use the "community" helmets could help reduce the incidence of creepy crawlers in his hair. We had lice come home with him once, and I'm none too keen on dealing with that again!

I've mentioned before that there's one kid on his team (coach's kid, of course) who is roughly 800 times better than anyone else. He seemed to be getting a bit frustrated. I don't blame him.

Max is really progressing nicely. He's gotten a lot more aggressive in all aspects of the game. It's nice to see. He's still not a very good sport, though. NO CLUE where he gets that from!

No comments: