Thursday, June 11, 2009

Because It's Cheaper Than Buying New Pants

It's now been 7 weeks since I started living The Good Life. You know, that life where I can't actually do anything? Yeah, that one. In that time, I've lost a significant amount of muscle mass. No worries, though...I've replaced it with fat! Yes, folks, I'm becoming a fat American.

Here's the problem, though. I have some really expensive pants that don't fit me anymore due to my atrophied ass. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a cheap bastard, so I've decided it's time to start workout out again. I'm currently holding at 191 pounds, and I think I need to get up to around 195 and trim off about 4% of my body fat. Dropping the fat is going to be the hardest part at this point, due to the fact that I can't really do much cardio (combined with a weakness for chicken nuggets and Oreos).

I've done some sporadic gym workouts the past couple weeks, but nothing consistent or serious. Last night I was actually able to deadlift for the first time since my crash. I couldn't get the bar all the way to the floor, but I was close. It's a start.

I've never been good at doing something just for the sake of doing it...I need a goal. I'm not entirely sure what my goal will be at this point, but I'll figure something out. It was suggested by a co-worker that I start training to become a cage fighter. He was serious.

I'll figure something else out.

No comments: