Friday, June 05, 2009

Nothing To See Here

[Note, part of this is boring, but I promise it gets interesting toward the end. Don't give up on me!]

For every person who says "the pictures of your hip are sooooo GROSS!", there are two who say "I miss the weekly photo of your injury."

Well, there really isn't anything to show at this point. Yeah, it's still a bit lumpy, but there's no discoloration and I can wear normal pants now. I've even been doing 5-10 minute spins on my ergo. I still get pretty sore after any sort of activity, but at least it's no longer restricting my everyday tasks.

I thought things were going well until the rest of my body started falling apart. The last two weeks have been absolutely miserable for allergies. I'm the king of phlegm! All I've wanted to do lately is sleep. I've just recently developed seasonal allergies, and I always thought people who bitched about them were just pansies. Feeling like shit all day sure takes a lot out of you (me).

Once I finally got my allergies under control, I got some sort of infection thing. I called the clinic to make and appointment to get some antibiotics. They didn't have any appointments available, but said if I showed up they could fit me in. I arrived, and was immediately ushered into a room. So far so good. Then, a tap on the door, and in walks THE VERY SAME DOCTOR WHO PERFORMED MY FIRST (of 2) VASECTOMY. I explained what was going on and he prescribed an antibiotic call Cipro. I went to Walgreens to pick it up, and the pharmacist calls me over for a "consultation". He explains that Cipro has been linked to tendon ruptures, and that I should be very careful while I'm on it. This was mildly concerning, but I took one tablet anyway.

Once I got to work, I started searching teh internets about Cipro. THOUSANDS of horror stories. Tendons snapping, neurological issues, and vision distortion were the main issues. Many of the side affects were permanent.

I called the doctor and said that I didn't feel comfortable taking this medication, but he assured me that it was safe. At that point I went into the bathroom and noticed that I was starting to get hives on my face. I immediately called the doctor and got another prescription, then headed home. On my way there, my feet started itching uncontrollably. By the time I got home, my hands and feet were both swollen and itching, and my face was all red and blotchy. I took a Benadryl and went to bed. When I woke up 2 hours later, the allergic reaction had subsided, but I was having severe stomach issues. I spent the rest of the night curled up in a ball on the couch.

Today? I feel perfectly fine.

Fuck, I just want to be 100% healthy again.

4 comments:

Meow said...

Hang in there T. I've been thinking about you. Hope to see ya' soon!

Anonymous said...

Damn it Dr Spaceman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNESGut1Jo4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosearch%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26rlz%3D1T4GFRE%5FenUS317US317%26q%3Ddr%2520spaceman%26um%3D1%26ie%3DUTF%2D8%26sa%3DN%26hl%3Den%26tab%3Dwv&feature=player_embedded

Anonymous said...

You are very sad T- M

Street Sweeper said...

Dude, I can totally relate with you right now. Be strong grasshopper.