Monday, June 22, 2009

I Don't Get It...


I'm now 100% convinced that movie critics are idiots. I watched "The Wrestler" this weekend and I just don't get it. "Exposes the seedy underbelly of professional wrestling". Um, no. He gets drunk once. He takes pain pills twice. He goes to a strip club thrice. OMG, WHAT A TERRIBLE EXISTENCE! Are you kidding me?

How is this guy any different than the millions of other has-beens who can't let go of the past? The "cool kids" from high school who still live in their parents' basements, working the same job, listening to the same music, clinging to their glory days?

Yeah yeah yeah, so the film mirrors Micky Rourke's real-life comeback attempt. Woah. Deep.

Marisa Tomei naked? Now there's a concept I can get behind. Not literally. Well, yeah, literally I guess, but...oh, nevermind. Boobies.

So, there you have it. My deep thoughts for the weekend. Riveting stuff, I know.

We spent all weekend out at the lake doing all sorts of really fun shit. Several hours were devoted to getting my pimpin' 1978 boat ready for the year.

After that, we grilled chicken, took the kids tubing, and watched movies. Next day, pretty much the same thing, but substitute "chicken" with "burgers". There ya have it. Oh, and throw some fishing in there. Very unsuccessful fishing.

Yesterday we actually got up and went boating in the rain. It was great to have the whole lake to ourselves. The boat needed a good cleaning, anyway.

Last night was my Fathers Day dinner of parmesan-crusted salmon and garlic-mashed potatoes. We had peanut butter cheesecake brownies for dessert. I destroyed that shit. I could hardly move afterwards.

I got a new tent from my family, so I guess we're going camping this summer. All of us. In a tent. Joy!

It didn't take long for the kids to get into their Summer Schedule. They're both up until 10-11 every night and sleep until 9-10 every morning. I've had to start setting my alarm for work, because I can no longer count on the kids waking me up in time! Slackers...

No comments: