Friday, June 22, 2007

Sad

Kristin wanted to go for a bike ride last night, so I was pumping up our tires while she got her bike ready to go. She says, "I think I need to lower my seat."

I say, "Then lower it."

She says, "I think I need a tool."

I hand her a set of hex wrenches from 4mm-6mm.

She looks at her bike and says, "I think I need a screwdriver."

I've never before seen a bike that required a screwdriver to adjust the seatpost, so I went to see what the hell she was doing. She was working on loosening the rear reflector clamp. "Um, honey? That screw removes your reflector." (snicker snicker). Directing her attention down to the seapost clamp, "This one moves your seat."

A look of shame comes over her face, "Oh my god, don't tell anyone about this."

"OK...it's not like I'd put it on my blog or anything." Sorry!

No comments: