Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Albums of the Year

Let's be honest. The real reason you come to my blog is to find out what music you should listen to in order to become awesome. I understand, and I'm here to help.

For your iTune'ing pleasure, I present the best albums of 2007:

Honorable Mention:
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
Evanescence - The Open Door
Chevelle - Vena Sera

#3: Papa Roach - The Paramour Sessions
The is a return to pure, unadulterated rock for a band that hasn't been relevant since their debut album, 'Infest'. I tried, but I can't find a song on this album that I don't like. Jacoby Shaddix makes you feel his pain through every scream.

#2: Evans Blue - The Pursuit Begins When This Portrayal of Life Ends
In their never-ending quest to create the longest album title of all time, Evans Blue has created a musical masterpiece. Moody and emotional, this album is a must-have for anyone who loves to get lost in their music.

#1:Avenged Sevenfold - Self Titled
This could possibly be the most brilliant rock album ever recorded. A7X implements string ensembles, pipe organs, and hardcore riffs, and they do it with so much dramatic flair that you can't help but put it on repeat. Not only that, it's actually FUN to listen to!

Crap:
2007 wasn't all fun and games. Here are the biggest disappointments of the year, which I was somehow duped into paying for:

Army of Anyone - Self Titled
You would think that combining the remaining members of STP with the singer from Filter would be a slam-dunk recipe for success. Yet somehow, they fucked it up. "Father Figure" is the only good song on this CD, and it's not even that good.

Kid Rock - Rock n Roll Jesus
What happened, Kid? You used to be cool. And good. Now? Not so much.

Korn - Untitled
I don't know why I thought this would be good. It's not.

Puddle Of Mudd - Famous
Weak. Just weak.

2 comments:

Trish said...

I have to agree with your top 3. All are awesome. The Avenged Sevenfold has pretty much lived in my car since I bought it. #5 - Gunslinger is really growing on me.

And you're right...Kid Rock sucks ass. I couldn't take the new song so I didn't even bother listening to anything else.

Gilby said...

Sorry, I visit for the protein powder haikus.