Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Yoga

I went to my first-ever yoga class tonight, hoping to gain more flexibility. It was...underwhelming. I hear people talk about how great they feel after yoga, and I just felt like I'd done some stretches. It was certainly nothing I felt like I couldn't do at home.

I wanted to like it, I really did. I can't say it wasn't enjoyable, but it just didn't live up to the hype.

Maybe it was the instructor? Maybe I'm not in touch with my inner TenT? People love this shit, so I must have done something wrong, right?

2 comments:

Sascha said...

My experience, from hating it in the past and loving it now, says it was the experience. You didn't jive with the instructor, it didn't challenge you, something. If you weren't challenged, try a harder class. Try yoga for cyclists, Bikram or something.

Anonymous said...

You're supposed to get high before class.