Saturday, December 29, 2007

FRANZ WINS COLDSPRINTS!

I don't have much time, but here's a quick run-down. I had a feeling Franz was going to win, given his PR of 244rpm's a couple days ago.

The bikes with toe straps took a bit of getting used to. My initial 20-second TT was crap, and seeded me 8th. Of course, prior to ever turning over the pedals, I broke the freakin' bike. No joke. Ya can't make shit like this up! I broke the bike.

Anyways...I followed that up with a couple Gin & Tonics, then realized that they made a horse-shit recovery drink, and switched to Beam & Cokes. Much better.

I won the first round against some guy whose name I don't remember. My technique was simple: hold a relatively hight speed and don't fade at the end. It worked perfectly.

Round 2: my technique immediately went to shit. I was holding steady at around 48mph, and the guy I was racing against was right around 49. I kept waiting for him to start slowing down, but he never did. I put in a big surge at the end, but ended up losing by .3 seconds.

Oh well, I was ready to start drinking again.

Franz barely squeaked out a win over the guy who beat me, due to some technical difficulty. I'm still not entirely sure what happened.

He went on to face Homme in the finals, who had been ripping up the rollers all night. Homme faded big-time at the end, and got beat by a no-endurance sprinter!

By the way, some chick still owes me a buck for taking off my sweet Speedfix jersey! I hope she gave it to the charity.

I don't hang out at bars much, now that I'm old and boring. Now I remember why: I went through $50 and I don't even have a hangover to show for it!

Overall, more than $450 was raised for charity, and I got to hang out with a bunch of bad-ass motha's that I usually only see during the race season. I'll be back next month, and I'm bringing my A game!

Kudos to SR and the crew for a well-run event. Everyone I talked to had a great time.

2 comments:

Trish said...

HS! You weren't kidding that you break a lot of shit...way to go!

Trish said...

It may be late, but here is the perfect Christmas present for the man who breaks lots of shit. Look I even started it for you with a shiny new quarter!