Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm Freakin' Out, Man


My wife decided that we should use these Crest WhiteStrips. I'm not speculating as to the reasons, I'm just following instructions.

In theory, it seems like a decent system. There's strip that holds some gel on your teeth for 30 minutes, twice a day, for 5 days.

The problem is that the second that strip enters my mouth, I have the uncontrollable urge to swallow. I don't know exactly what is in this tooth-whitening gel, but I assume it's not something that's going to be good for me if I eat it.

What ensues is the longest 30 minutes of my life, during which I obsessively focus on not swallowing while at the same time being unable to stop producing mass amounts of saliva, necessitating countless trips to the sink to spit.

To top it off, now my teeth hurt like hell. Son of a...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon your blog, but I can confirm with all certainty it is okay to swallow while that stuff is in your mouth. I've been doing it for years. and they say the rash should go away any day....

Seriously though, swallow away.