Monday, September 29, 2008

2 Days: Mental Prep


Hot damn, only 2 days to go! Here's the two main things I've been working on to get my mind in the right place:

1. Visualization: I never used to do much mental training, but it's proven to be beneficial to me this year. Being able to see myself riding fast, pedaling smoothly, and winning races has allowed me to be calm heading into a big competition for the first time in my life. It's crazy laying in bed visualizing a race and having my heart beating out of my chest. I know I'm ready, I've done the work, and now is the easy part: Just go pedal my ass off!

2. Pedaling Drills: The "get-on-roller-and-spin-like-mad" drills have their place, but that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm sworn to secrecy on the exact techniques, but I credit different types of neuromuscular training with a significant increase in my pedaling efficiency. It's also something relatively easy that I can do on my off days to get my head in the game.

Dammit, now I'm getting all worked up!

No comments: