Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Countdown Begins: 7 Days

One week till Elite Track Nationals! I feel strangely calm and prepared, both physically and mentally. Since there are 7 days left, here are 7 reasons that I'm ready to kick ass this year:

1. In nearly every workout, I have pushed myself to the point of vomiting and/or flopping around on the floor.


2. I spent all winter crushing myself on the ergo.


3. I own the best equipment available. I have no excuses.


4. I took breaks when I needed them to let my body recover and maintain motivation.


5. I have honed my race-day mental toughness and sprint tactics.


6. I have a training partner who has pushed me to new limits.


7. I don't take myself too seriously, and can keep things in perspective to stay in a positive frame of mind, despite setbacks.

5 comments:

Meow said...

OMG-I can hardly wait!! You'll keep the blog updated won't you??

Tenacious T said...

Don't I always?

Franz said...

You are too complacent. I will crush you at the track tonight. Then lets see how nervous you get.

Brian said...

If you don't win, I'll never forgive you.

Jeffro said...

Did you eat the pancakes?