Thursday, September 04, 2008

Election

I think if the presidential election had been a month ago, Obama would have won. Now, I'm not so sure. I think the McCain campaign truly understands exactly how shallow and fickle the American people are. The Hillary supporters don't care how transparent McCain's vetting of a female is, they only care that he did it. The Dems can argue till they're blue in the face about her lack of experience, but at the end of the day, she has a vagina.

She absolutely pimped her speech last night, as well. Too bad old man McCain, looking half dead, had to come out on stage at the end with his mechanical smile and make everything all awkward.

I liked Obama for a while, I really did, but I wish he'd start offering some specifics on exactly what "changes" we are expected to believe in. Take a stand, man! I think his initial popularity was based on him being perceived as a "blank slate", that people could transfer their own beliefs onto. I predict that his popularity is going to wane over the next months.

I honestly don't want either of these men running our country. To much partisan ass-kissing, too much bullshit, too many egalitarian dreams.

Why can't we have a country where people are responsible for their own actions and financial situations? Why can't we have a President who cares more about his country than he does about special interest groups?

Regardless of who your vote for, this could be the defining election of our generation. You owe it to yourself to pay attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Obama for a while, I really did, but I wish he'd start offering some specifics on exactly what "changes" we are expected to believe in. Take a stand, man!

Both major party candidates have well-detailed positions on major issues posted on their campaign websites. If you're unsure where McCain or Obama stand on an issue, this is a good place to start.

Meow said...

A smart assessment T! And my eyes didn't even glaze over.

Trissel said...

It doesn't matter what the web site says. What is he asying. No clear message of what change he really advocates.