Monday, September 29, 2008

Shit! Falling Behind. 4 Days to go...

The weekend was crazy busy, so I forgot to post these. Saturday I went for an "easy" road ride, then my wife took me out to Benihana for my birthday, followed by Cirque Du Soleil at the Target Center, where I had the biggest Gin & Tonic of my life.

Here are the 4 people who had the most to do with making me fast this year:

1. Hamish: Obviously, props have to go to the coach. While he may be a man of few e-mails, he wrote me a killer training programme (yes, that's how they spell "program" in kiwi-ville).


2. Ted: Day in and day out, he road nearly every single training effort with me. It's unbelievable how much harder I can push myself with someone right there next to me on the road or track. Especially when it's someone who practically throws a small party every time he beats me!


3. The Taint: The National Champion has imparted much of his wisdom on me, even sharing top-secret training techniques. He also constantly reminded me to keep my eyes on the prize and not worry about mid-season setbacks.


4. The Haters: Every time you doubt me, it makes me work that much harder to prove you wrong. Suck my balls!

6 comments:

(dis)pencer said...

good luck out there!

p.s. who the hell are these haters?

Meow said...

Happy belated Birthday! I'd a'made you a cake if I'd known!!
So what are you-like 28 or so? Counting down right along with you......get ready for summer like weather out there.

Tenacious T said...

(dis): they know who they are

meow: my b-day is atually on Thursday, so I'll be in LA.

Skibby said...

yeah dis, we know who we are!

T - I'm surprised the person you paid for moto-pacing isn't on the list...

Tenacious T said...

Yeah, maybe if I had done like a top-200 lists...

Anonymous said...

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open ones mouth and prove it. Thanks for the ranking!