Friday, September 26, 2008

5 Days: The Equipment

Five days to go. All my important workouts are done. Everything is scheduled for the trip. I put my bike in the workstand last night and gave serious consideration to doing some maintenance. Then I remembered that I suck at maintenance, so I lubed the chain went back inside. It's important to know your limits.

Here are my 5 favorite pieces of equipment:

1. Custom Tiemeyer Signature Frame: Super stiff, fits perfectly, and rails the turns like its on...um...rails.



2. Cane Creek Sprint 85 Wheels: Fast, cool, carbon. Word.


3. Dura-Ace Pedals with Straps: Secure as shit. Solid.


4. TIME Ulteam Carbon Shoes: Nice flat, stiff sole. Good fit, love the 3-strap closure. Buckles are for roadies!


5. Smith Frontline Sunglasses: I have a mild obsession with sunglasses, and these are my favorites.


I'd also like to report that my Dura-Ace 7700 bottom bracket has proven to be sprint-worthy. It's lasted longer than any other I've tried.

6 comments:

T3 said...

Good Luck! and don't break shit...

Tenacious T said...

Precisely why I decided I'm unfit to maintain my own bike!

Morgan W said...



I'd also like to report that my Dura-Ace 7700 bottom bracket has proven to be sprint-worthy. It's lasted longer than any other I've tried.


does this mean that you're going to replace it for nationals?

Franz said...

I have bottom bracket creaks going in both the Dura ace and now on my 2nd Sugino bottom bracket.

I think the Dura Ave is good for about 1,000 KM before giving up. That is about all I get out of the Sugino as well.

At least they last longer than my tubulars

SickBoy said...

My 105 has lasted a full year now.... granted, it's heavier, and probably has a little more drag because of the seals... but dang. $30 for one bottom bracket that has lasted me more laps around the track than you knob sprinters, who have blown through like four between the two of you... :)

Skibby said...

those knob sprinters are putting out twice as much power as you are, let them ride your 105 bb for a while, see what happens....