Monday, September 29, 2008

3 Days: The Defining Moments

OK, this one was supposed to be posted yesterday, but I was at the Twins game, then I was tired, then I ate ice cream, then I went to bed.

Here are the 3 events that really defined this year for me and helped my mental state leading up to Nationals.

1. Losing to Geno in the sprints at the Fixed Gear Classic. I gained years of insight in only two races. I learned what NOT to do, and started taking tactics a lot more seriously. I'm a much better sprinter because of it. Being less stupid is always a benefit.


2. Setting the district track record. I'd had it in my sights and had been close several times this season, but to finally get the 200m record in less than ideal conditions really validated all the hard work I put in this year.


3. Going Sub 11. Yeah, I was lead out behind the motor, but it was still a mental victory that help break the preconceived limits I had for myself.

No comments: