Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mankato Misadventures


There's a haunted hayride in Mankato that I've attempted to go to no less than 5 times, and I've never actually gotten to go on it. Generally it's because I've been busy pre-partying and got there too late, but this year was going to be different. We stopped by the liqor store to pick up some 40's. I, being a man of good taste, opted for a bottle of Boone's Farm.

We drove all the way to Mankato, only to learn that the hayride has been closed for 2 years. Son of a bitch! We stopped at a gas station and found out that there was a haunted house not too far away, so we decided to head over there. We sat in the parking lot drinking our booze, then got in line. After waiting for over half an hour just to get to the ticket booth, it started freakin' raining. Since it appeared that there was at least another hour of wait time, we decided to leave. I called Dave, and he was at the bar, so we went to meet him.

There's an old mall in Mankato that has basically been converted to Party Central, with bars everywhere. It was bad ass. First time I've ever parked in a ramp to go to the bar.

It was awesome to see Dave, who I haven't hung out with in way too long. We had a few drinks, then headed out, resigned to the fact that I will never, ever, ever get to go on that fucking hayride.






Yes, one of these pictures does not fit the theme of this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*single tear*