Friday, October 03, 2008

Track Nats, Day 2

Happy Birthday to me! I had some...uh..."gastrointestinal distress" throughout much of the day. No fun.

As I said earlier, I qualified in 5th place with an 11.188, which put me up against the number 8 seed. Unfortunately for me, the guy is significantly faster than his qualifying time of 11.3 and I underestimated him. I wasn't able to come around him, and I lost by a wheel. I then swore really loudly and threw some shit around.

Next I went into a Rep round with two guys who qualified with 11.5's. One jumped REALLY early and I let the other guy chase him down, then came around at the end to win and get back into the sprint tournament.

I didn't necessarily agree with the re-seeding, but I ended up facing the #1 seed, Jimmy Watkins, who had qualified with a 10.7 (I thought I should have been matched against the #2 seed).

In our first race I was still totally lit up from the uber-long sprint in my rep round, and he had no problem beating me. In the second race I gave him a run for his money, but ultimately came up a half wheel short. Again.

Afterwards we went out to eat at PF Chang's for my birthday. I was delicious.

Tomorrow I will be riding the 5-8 finals, so I've got a chance to be on the podium.

Now, here's the photos:

Flying 200

1/8 Finals

By a wheel. FUUUUCCCKKKK!!!!

The Ninja in his flying 200

Dubie is sick

Linsey enjoyed the scratch race so much that she wants to be an enduro!

These are two ladies on Bubba Gump Segways. Yeah.

No comment.

Letting Fraley be Fraley

There's a lighthouse in there somewhere. I'm all pro and shit at photography.

1 comment:

Meow said...

For tomorrow-Sat., there's expected to be tons of traffic around there. Wanted to mention it so that you don't end up being late!