Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bored

Now that I'm coming out of my Percocet-induced fog, I'm realizing that just lying around is boring as hell. I'm officially working from home today, but I'm still trying to lay low and not push myself too much. I can get up and move around for about 15 minutes at a time before I need to get back on the couch and ice my hip. Every part of my lower left side is turning all sorts of purple, blue, green, and yellow. Each day is a little better than the last...but it's a very little bit.

I had the news on TV this morning, but all they talk about is swine flu. I'm sick of hearing about it. If I were to sit home and watch the news every day, I would be the most depressed man in the world. Talk about doom & gloom! Sheesh.

My pain meds have now started giving me headaches, which is incredibly ironic. I thought they were supposed to elimate pain! What a cruel joke.

I was up to 204 pounds last night, which is 10 more than Thursday morning. Hmmmm...wonder if I'm retaining some fluids?

I'm pretty much over feeling sorry for myself, but now I feel sorry for all the people around me who I'm inconveniencing. I don't like being helpless and making others perform menial tasks for me. It drives me nuts. The kids were really good and helpful at first, but now they're over that and I'm just no fun. Tell me about it!

I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason. Fate, destiny, karma, whatever you want to call it. I may never find out why this happened, but I can accept it and move on.

I just can't wait till I can get out and do something...ANYTHING!

In the meantime, I've got sweet crutches featuring the latest in animal-sticker design. Yeah, the 3-year-old went a little crazy.

2 comments:

Dan Currell said...

Sweet crutches, man. I'm working on some things to relieve the boredom. But, alas, it's taking a little while. Hopefully not very long . . . and, as a hint, you might want to consider wearing a helmet while operating those sweet crutches. So you'll have one arriving at your house at some point in the next week or so.

Hang in there man. I'm so sorry about this mess.

dgc

Anonymous said...

Rent "Cadillac Records". It's a movie and you should like it.

Little D