Thursday, April 02, 2009

Turtle Shoes


I wore these shoes for track and cross country when I was in high school. We called them the "Turtle Shoes". Not sure why, maybe because they kind of look like turtles. The split toe looks odd, but feels kinda cool.

These shoes sucked for sprinting so I never really used them much, except when it was raining...because the Turtle Shoes are impervious to water. Why woulnd't they be, they're turtles? Unlike actual turtles, however, the shoes are quite light.

I recently gave them to my nephew, telling him, "You take the torch, man...you carry on the legend of the Turtle Shoes." He gave me an odd look, then left.

Undoubtedly, he's intimidated by the immense pressure of living up to the shoes.

3 comments:

alexstar said...

DUDE, ninja turtles! Their feet looked like that. You should know this. Also, those are awesome.

dave said...

i have socks that look more comfortable to run in. but they do look better than the Doc Martins that chris ran in.

Tenacious T said...

YES, Ninja Turtles! How could I forget?

Dave, the Docs went perfectly with the Chad Kroeger hair.