Saturday, April 25, 2009

Update

I had to spend another night at the hospital last night. Because so much blood had pooled in the hematoma in my leg, the rest of my body didn't have enough blood to pump all the way up to my brain when I was standing upright. This caused me to get dizzy and lightheaded when I did anything other than lay flat on my back.

It takes about 24 hours for the body to regenerate an appreciable amount of blood, so I was finally able to get up and walk with crutches at around midnight last night, so I should be going home this morning.

The pain is getting more manageable as well.

Thanks to everyone who left comments and sent e-mails, texts, and phone calls. It's a huge morale booster to know there are so many great people out there who care. Youz guys is teh awesome.

4 comments:

Meow said...

We're with ya' T-(in spirit at least)! Hang in there. I will give you a few days and then shoot you an email for cookie delivery.

Trish said...

Good to know you're on the mend. The comfort of going home is so much better than being stuck in a hospital. It seems you can never really rest there. Then again, you get waited on hand and foot, but I'm sure you're not going to have that problem between your family and friends.

Take care!

Franz said...

Taylor got out late morning. Looks to be doing as good as can be expected.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon mate.