Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Remember Y2K?

I don't know what got me thinking about Y2K today, but the thought of it made me laugh.

On New Years Eve in 1999, I was hanging out at a cabin next door to Garrison Keillor (I still don't know how we ended up there). We got hammered on cheap vodka (and I mean CHEAP. $3.99 for a liter!) and used a sailboat as a sled. I ended up wrapped around a tree in the middle of the woods. I missed the New Years countdown because I couldn't find my way back to the cabin. It was awesome.

For me, the worst thing that happened due to Y2K was that I had to get new checks because all my existing checks had the "19__" pre-filled for the year.

What's going to happen in the year 10000?

1 comment:

SickBoy said...

Didn't most good computer geeks have CD burners by the end of 1999? I could swear I did...