Friday, January 02, 2009

Worst Songs of 2008


2008 was a year of many, many horrible songs. Probably the worst in recent memory. I felt it was my civic duty to separate the truly atrocious from the just-plain-awful. You're welcome.

  • Hey There Delilah - Plain White Tees: This song literally makes me physically ill. I involuntarily utter some sort of animalistic "UAHGHGHGHG" sound and get a stomachache. No shit.
  • Take A Bow - Rihanna: This song just doesn't work. It's offensive to my ears. Then I fall asleep.
  • If I Were A Boy - Beyonce: If I were a boy? WTF? Who writes this shit? Maybe there's a secret message. Is she a boy? OMG, I'm like a super-sleuth!
  • So What - Pink: She's gonna start a fight! Oh noes, whatthefuckarewegonnado???? Although, admittedly, her freakishly long torso is rather intimidating. Don't worry, she's still a rock star, she's got her rock moves, and she doesn't need me. Shoot.
  • Lollipop - Lil' Wayne: I. Don't. Get. It. At all. This is rubbish. See, it's so bad I had to resort to British insults. Shameful, I know.
  • Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolph: No, I bring the fire, bitch!
  • Circus - Britney Spears: Nah, scratch that. It's just too easy.


I can hear you now, "But TenT, what about..." I hear you, and I understand, but after compiling this list, I need to go have a drink. Leave 'em in the comments.

8 comments:

T3 said...

haven't heard any of those. i guess i'm lucky.

Tenacious T said...

How is that even possible?

Perhaps your mind is somehow tuning them out to protect you.

Anonymous said...

"if you liked it you shoulda put a ring on it"

i think just writing that made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Trish said...

Oh please… I can beat all of those combined with the one single most horrific song of the year. Summertime by NKOTB. Some groups should just let it be.

I didn’t like them when they were big and my feelings have not changed.

Anonymous said...

Plain white T's was a 2007 song

Anonymous said...

You have some nerve talking about freakishly long torso's. You have a long back for day's

Tenacious T said...

That's precisely why I feel qualified to comment on it!

Anonymous said...

Good answer.

Trish is naughty.