Thursday, January 01, 2009

Resolutions

I'm normally not very big on resolutions, because I generally feel that if someone wants to make a change, they should do it. It also bugs the shit out of me when the gym is full of fat people in brand-spankin'-new spandex for the first 2 weeks of January. But as I sit here nursing a New Year's hangover, having just watching The Notebook (cuz I'm sensitive like that), I find myself reflecting on 2008. As I look forward, there are a few things I've been meaning to start or stop doing. What better place than here, what better time than now?

  • Keep things in perspective. I tend to get just a wee bit obsessive. Last year I spent the entire Spring and Summer preparing for nationals, and pretty much forgot about enjoying myself along the way. Time to have some fun. Otherwise, what's the point?
  • Go back to my old blogging style. I was reading some of my posts from last year and - let's be honest - this thing used to be a lot more interesting. Ever since I got my Blackberry most of my blogging has been from my phone and the content has been severely lacking. You beautiful readers deserve better than poorly-composed photos with poorly-written captions. Time to step it up. I'm already planning to list all my Christmas presents in haiku form. OK, so maybe I won't completely change my ways, but hopefully I can combine the best of both worlds.
  • Watch my diet. I'm not worried about getting fat, but I don't have the healthiest eating habits and I'd like to take in more fresh foods and less processed foods.
  • Spend some time at the gun range. I spend quite a bit of time hunting the fall, and I'm ashamed to admit that I missed a lot of birds.
  • Eat more Nutella. I didn't eat nearly enough in 2008.

Damn, I'm a fuckin' visionary!

2 comments:

T3 said...

i expect in about 3-5 days the USGS will see a huge seismic anomaly after you fall hard off the McNugget Wagon. But good for trying!!

Tenacious T said...

Excellent point. I'm going to have to insert some sort of Nugget clause.